Some AI questions

  • famm212001
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2004
      Hello there,

      First of all, congratulations on a great book, Russell and Norvig!

      I have two questions that I was hoping you could help me out with:

      1. I have a problem with the objective of minimising the makespan; I
      have used a reachabilty tree to obtain the different possible results
      (which are routes in my case). To get the optimal route, I used a
      branch and bound search algorithm and due to the large size of the
      problem, I carried out an A* search to the make sure the branch and
      bound technique did not explore unnecessary branches in reachabilty
      tree. However, I need some other search methods in order to decrease
      the number of searches. I was just wondering if there are any other
      artificial intelligence search method/techniques that I can use
      besides A* to decrease the number of nodes that should be explored in
      the reachabilty tree?

      2. I have a problem in which the variables change continuously.
      currently I am using a reachability tree for analysing this problem
      but because the variables change continuously, I do not think a
      reachability tree is a good method for analysing this problem. I was
      just wondering if someone can introduce me to some other analysing
      methods.

      I look forward to hearing your replies!!!

      Thank you,
      Mahsa.