A simple AI quesiton,[breadth-first search]

  • Hesham
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2004
      Hi all,
      I have a simple AI quesiton.
      On page 73 we read: "...breadth-first search is optimal if the path
      cost is nondecreasing function of the depth of the node."
      But on page 75 we read: "Breadth-first search is optimal when all step
      costs are equal...".
      I think both of those conditions are needed. So it seems it's better
      we say, Breadth-first search is optimal when both of above conditions
      are true.
      If I'm wrong please correct me.

      Excuse me for my poor English.

      Cheers,