Java Demos

  • jbirtwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      I'm taking a graduate course in AI at NYU and am delighted to find the
      java demos online. Much thanks to Ravi. I've downloaded them and
      have walked through the CSPDemo.

      The BackTrackingSearch for the CSPDemo worked great. I have a much
      better understading of the AC3 algo. and how the backtracking is
      applied to finding the solution.

      But the MinConflictsSearch in CSPDemo returned 'No Solution' on
      max_step=100000. Is this right? I walked through the code and it
      appears that the call to 'csp.getConflictedVariables(assignment)'
      never returns a value less than 6, even up through 40000 iterations,
      if at all.

      Also, I had some trouble running the TveDemo. Has anyone gotten this
      demo to work? First the demo referes to image files such as
      clean.gif, and dirty.gif, that don't seem to be included in the
      archived download. Secondly how is the agent for the TveDemo
      activated? I don't see how this is done?

      Once again, thanks for all the work put into theses demos. It's a
      great learning tool.

      sincerely,
      Justin
    • magesmail
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2004
        Justin,
        Many thanks for the kind words.
        If you can just hold one for a few more days, there is a new release
        of the code coming up which should clear up a lot of these issues.
        I plan to make arelease of teh code on the 9th february (Monday)
        which is mainly a cleaned up release of the old code. As i wrote the
        jave code for aima, i was initially working off edition 1 of aima and
        then switched to edition 2.Also, i was using the code to learn ai
        concepts, and the resulting code is a bit grungier than I would like.

        Anyway, I have tremendously simplified and refactored the code besides
        adding lots of comments (which a lot of people had asked for ). Also
        now the code is fully in synch with edition 2 and there are afew more
        changes like a makefile , removal of circular depenencies , mock
        object based tests etc. I am justy waiting for the weekend to put the
        finishing touches to the code and send it to Peter.This drop should
        clear up the CSP related issues. The TVE demo will probabaly not run
        still, since i am not focussing on graphics right now. anyway let me
        see if i can squeeze it in .
        Thanks,
        Just hold on till Monday,
        Ravi