Re: "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code and test

  • chenyu468
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "amoroso_paolo" <amoroso@m...>
      wrote:
      > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "chenyu468" <chenyu468@y...>
      wrote:

      > > I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little
      old.
      > > Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
      > > with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
      > > defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."
      >
      > Which files use classes? As for structures, the rationale for using
      > them is explained in the comments (see section ";; Design Decision
      > Notes") of file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.

      The modification file is in the office's PC. I will post the
      modification on 2003/12/8.
      I have read (section ";; Design Decision Notes") of
      file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.). My idea is as follows:
      1. Both solution(agents/agents/agent.lisp(vacuum.lisp) and
      search/domains/vacuum.lisp) are different.
      1.1 The first one is written based on "Simple-reflex-agent pecedo-
      code".
      1.2 The second one is written based on "Goal-based-agents pecedo-
      code", which has "expand" "goal-test", "initial-state" function
      and "search algorithm".
      1.3 Therefore these 2 source code are different and not related to
      each other.
      How do you think about it?

      > > I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-
      search),
      > > for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2],
      the
      > > problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3
      *
      > > 3], the program enters infinite loop.
      >
      > Can you post your changes?
      >

      > > 2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by
      log
      > > only in lisp or print in the screen?
      >
      > You may try calling the function that causes the infinite loop
      wrapped
      > into a call to the STEP macro, i.e. something like:
      >
      > (step (my-infinite-loop-function))
      >
      > and then follow the instructions. For more information on STEP check
      > the Common Lisp HyperSpec:
      >
      > http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/m_step.htm#step
      >
      > Your Lisp development environment may provide additional debugging
      tools.

      Thank you very much for your "debug" suggestion. I will use it.

      > Paolo
    • chen yu
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
        Hello Brandon,
        I have attached the original source code and modified source code.

        Thank you for your attention.
        kind regards/chenyu

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2003
          i am new AI Student