Notation

  • bhami3@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      I wish the book had an appendix defining all notation used. Different
      chapters use different notations from many branches of mathematics
      and logic, and the same symbol may mean different things in different
      places. For instance, I'm accustomed to reading a vertical bar
      as "or", but I suspect it means something else in the section on
      speech understanding.

      I am reading parts of the text as a volunteer for Recording for the
      Blind and Dyslexic http://www.rfbd.org/, so it's important that I be
      able to verbalize the math coherently.

      --Bruce