Re: "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code and test

  • amoroso_paolo
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "chenyu468" <chenyu468@y...> wrote:

      > I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little old.
      > Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
      > with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
      > defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."

      Which files use classes? As for structures, the rationale for using
      them is explained in the comments (see section ";; Design Decision
      Notes") of file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.

      > I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-search),
      > for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2], the
      > problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3 *
      > 3], the program enters infinite loop.

      Can you post your changes?

      > 2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by log
      > only in lisp or print in the screen?

      You may try calling the function that causes the infinite loop wrapped
      into a call to the STEP macro, i.e. something like:

      (step (my-infinite-loop-function))

      and then follow the instructions. For more information on STEP check
      the Common Lisp HyperSpec:

      http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/m_step.htm#step

      Your Lisp development environment may provide additional debugging tools.

      Paolo
    • chenyu468
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "amoroso_paolo" <amoroso@m...>
        wrote:
        > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "chenyu468" <chenyu468@y...>
        wrote:

        > > I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little
        old.
        > > Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
        > > with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
        > > defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."
        >
        > Which files use classes? As for structures, the rationale for using
        > them is explained in the comments (see section ";; Design Decision
        > Notes") of file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.

        The modification file is in the office's PC. I will post the
        modification on 2003/12/8.
        I have read (section ";; Design Decision Notes") of
        file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.). My idea is as follows:
        1. Both solution(agents/agents/agent.lisp(vacuum.lisp) and
        search/domains/vacuum.lisp) are different.
        1.1 The first one is written based on "Simple-reflex-agent pecedo-
        code".
        1.2 The second one is written based on "Goal-based-agents pecedo-
        code", which has "expand" "goal-test", "initial-state" function
        and "search algorithm".
        1.3 Therefore these 2 source code are different and not related to
        each other.
        How do you think about it?

        > > I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-
        search),
        > > for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2],
        the
        > > problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3
        *
        > > 3], the program enters infinite loop.
        >
        > Can you post your changes?
        >

        > > 2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by
        log
        > > only in lisp or print in the screen?
        >
        > You may try calling the function that causes the infinite loop
        wrapped
        > into a call to the STEP macro, i.e. something like:
        >
        > (step (my-infinite-loop-function))
        >
        > and then follow the instructions. For more information on STEP check
        > the Common Lisp HyperSpec:
        >
        > http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/m_step.htm#step
        >
        > Your Lisp development environment may provide additional debugging
        tools.

        Thank you very much for your "debug" suggestion. I will use it.

        > Paolo
      • chen yu
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
          Hello Brandon,
          I have attached the original source code and modified source code.

          Thank you for your attention.
          kind regards/chenyu

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2003
            i am new AI Student