Hi,what's the algorithm of Ex.3.14

  • pu_shi2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
      Hello everyone:
      Now i'm doing the exercise 3.14 on the 1st edition.
      My professor named it with Google's search?
      Does google use bidirectional search?
      I have searched for a long time,but......

      Could anyone give me some idea?Thank you!
    • Brandon Corfman
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        Well, here are some thoughts on the subject.

        -- The branching factor for any particular web page could be very
        large. You'd probably want to consider a way of looking for
        promising/relevant links first.
        -- You want to put some sort of cutoff, in case the pages weren't
        related, or weren't related in any reasonable number of links.
        -- Google has a way of showing which pages link to another page. They
        also have an API you could use.
        -- You probably want to use a language for this project that has a
        built-in library for dealing with Web pages. Python comes to mind.

        Best regards,
        Brandon