"/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code and test

  • chenyu468
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2003
      Hello,
      I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little old.
      Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
      with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
      defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."

      I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-search),
      for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2], the
      problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3 *
      3], the program enters infinite loop.
      I don't know why, because my lisp debug skill is bad.
      But I guess may be one of the following causes:
      1. maybe the program has problem because my modification. But my
      modification is small.
      2. maybe the "depth-first-search" is not suitable for this problem
      because the vacuum should return to "home" location.

      1. Have you test it before? If yes, please tell me your idea.
      2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by log
      only in lisp or print in the screen?

      Thank you for your attention.
      kind regards/chenyu
    • amoroso_paolo
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "chenyu468" <chenyu468@y...> wrote:

        > I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little old.
        > Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
        > with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
        > defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."

        Which files use classes? As for structures, the rationale for using
        them is explained in the comments (see section ";; Design Decision
        Notes") of file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.

        > I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-search),
        > for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2], the
        > problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3 *
        > 3], the program enters infinite loop.

        Can you post your changes?

        > 2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by log
        > only in lisp or print in the screen?

        You may try calling the function that causes the infinite loop wrapped
        into a call to the STEP macro, i.e. something like:

        (step (my-infinite-loop-function))

        and then follow the instructions. For more information on STEP check
        the Common Lisp HyperSpec:

        http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/m_step.htm#step

        Your Lisp development environment may provide additional debugging tools.

        Paolo
      • chenyu468
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2003
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "amoroso_paolo" <amoroso@m...>
          wrote:
          > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "chenyu468" <chenyu468@y...>
          wrote:

          > > I found "/search/domains/vacuum.lisp" source code is a little
          old.
          > > Because in the above "domains" directory, other files are written
          > > with a style of "class", just "vacuum.lisp" written "struct +
          > > defun". And the file date is "1995/2/3", others is "1997/...."
          >
          > Which files use classes? As for structures, the rationale for using
          > them is explained in the comments (see section ";; Design Decision
          > Notes") of file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.

          The modification file is in the office's PC. I will post the
          modification on 2003/12/8.
          I have read (section ";; Design Decision Notes") of
          file 'agents/agents/agent.lisp'.). My idea is as follows:
          1. Both solution(agents/agents/agent.lisp(vacuum.lisp) and
          search/domains/vacuum.lisp) are different.
          1.1 The first one is written based on "Simple-reflex-agent pecedo-
          code".
          1.2 The second one is written based on "Goal-based-agents pecedo-
          code", which has "expand" "goal-test", "initial-state" function
          and "search algorithm".
          1.3 Therefore these 2 source code are different and not related to
          each other.
          How do you think about it?

          > > I have modified the file then trying to run it (depth-first-
          search),
          > > for simple situation, that's, the size is smaller than [3 * 2],
          the
          > > problem can be solved, but if the size is bigger, for example [3
          *
          > > 3], the program enters infinite loop.
          >
          > Can you post your changes?
          >

          > > 2. For debugging such infinite loop, how to find the problem, by
          log
          > > only in lisp or print in the screen?
          >
          > You may try calling the function that causes the infinite loop
          wrapped
          > into a call to the STEP macro, i.e. something like:
          >
          > (step (my-infinite-loop-function))
          >
          > and then follow the instructions. For more information on STEP check
          > the Common Lisp HyperSpec:
          >
          > http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/m_step.htm#step
          >
          > Your Lisp development environment may provide additional debugging
          tools.

          Thank you very much for your "debug" suggestion. I will use it.

          > Paolo
        • chen yu
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2003
            Hello Brandon,
            I have attached the original source code and modified source code.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2003
              i am new AI Student

              http://photos.yahoo.com/