Use of AIMA code to solve 8-puzzle

  • jan_gilbert_pearce@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2001
      Hi There,

      I am a student at U Minnesota and I have loaded Russell's code for the
      8-puzzle. I have the code and the utility functions loading fine on
      my system, but I cannot figure out how to employ the solve function.
      Can anyone tell me a line of code that will work to solve a random
      instance of the 8-puzzle?

      Thanks!
      Jan
    • Mariano Buñirigo
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2001
        I´ve done this excersice on Sunday

        Try this
        (solve (make-8-puzzle-problem) 'A*-search)
        You are going to receive the resolution of the problem
        using A*, h function is by default Manhattan distance.

        --- jan_gilbert_pearce@... escribió:
        <HR>
        <tt>
        Hi There,<BR>
        <BR>
        I am a student at U Minnesota and I have loaded
        Russell's code for the<BR>
        8-puzzle.  I have the code and the utility
        functions loading fine on<BR>
        my system, but I cannot figure out how to employ the
        solve function. <BR>
        Can anyone tell me a line of code that will work to
        solve a random<BR>
        instance of the 8-puzzle?<BR>
        <BR>
        Thanks!<BR>
        Jan<BR>
        <BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>
        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        aima-talk-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
        of Service</a>.</tt>

        Conectate a Internet GRATIS con Yahoo! Conexión:
        http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar