Re: [aima-talk] Wumpus World- enviornment ---fig 2.14 (Re:Wumpus)

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
      This line of pseudocode says to take the agent's program and apply it
      to the agent's percept, in order to get the agent's action. If there
      were only one agent, it would be

      action <-- program(percept())

      It is connected to the environment in that the percept function is
      determined by the environment.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        Thank you for helping me out. I find BNF and Psedo code used in this
        book to diificult to grasp at first. Are there any documents on them
        for us to learn these?

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Peter Norvig <peter@n...> wrote:
        > This line of pseudocode says to take the agent's program and apply
        it
        > to the agent's percept, in order to get the agent's action. If
        there
        > were only one agent, it would be
        >
        > action <-- program(percept())
        >
        > It is connected to the environment in that the percept function is
        > determined by the environment.
      • chenyu468
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Maithreebhanu Wimalasekare"
          <bhanu128@y...> wrote:

          > Thank you for helping me out. I find BNF and Psedo code used in
          this
          > book to diificult to grasp at first. Are there any documents on
          them
          > for us to learn these?

          The book's writing style may be like this: a simple problem ( provide
          simple solution -> a complex problem (provided modified solution or
          renewed solutions )-> more complex problem (provided better solution
          or renewed solutions) - > more practical problem for thinking

          In the above solutions, the author give the natural language
          (English) to show the main idea for how to solve the problem. The
          description is long but clear and easy to understand, but it is also
          difficult to remember and for further analysis and implementation (by
          lisp or python etc computer language).
          Therefore, almost for the above every solutions, the author provides
          Psedo code together, it is much shorter. Because it doesn't contains
          description, if you only read the Psedo code for understanding, it is
          difficult.

          In addition, BNF doesn't appear (if I remember) until the "natural
          langauge" related chapters. Therefore BNF will not become your
          obstacle in learning (from "agent" chapter to "planning" chapter).

          My first suggestion is to read the solution's description and Psedo
          code together, not seperately, even if they are on the different
          pages ( You need to turn pages repeatedly. ).

          My second suggestion is to read patiently. It is impossible to learn
          AI in 2 or 3 months, even for a genius. But it is worth to spend time.

          kind regards/chenyu