relationship between (DB or datamining) and AI

  • chenyu468
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2003
      Hi everyone,
      I want to discuss the relationship between (DB or dataming) and AI.
      In my everyone work, I write the enterprise's application using
      database. DB provides huge search capability (built-in by vendors).
      possible relationship:
      1.
      If don't use DB, instead use the lisp/prolog and (txt data) files, I
      think the speed will be slow, it is unacceptable.
      2.
      If use DB, and write lisp/prolog application based on DB technology.
      I don't know how to handle these two technology.
      For example, AIMA's example (logistical airplane, cargo, airport
      in "planing agent"). If the memory space is limited and it is
      impossible to fetch all related data from DB and store into memory
      for logic operation.
      My question is:
      1. what's is basic unit (undividable) operation of DB which is used
      by lisp/prolog application?

      Thank you for your attention.
      kind regards/chenyu