Re: Hi all , anybody know something about ABSOLVER

  • hhajizadeh1008
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
      Gashtam Nabood
      Nagard Nist ;)

      Hajix

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "shahin_joon_2002" <shahin7@c...>
      wrote:
      > Dear All
      >
      > I have a Question about ABSOLVER .
      >
      > In page 103 it is witten that "Recently a program called ABSOLVER
      was
      > written that can generate heuristics automatically from problem
      > definitions , using the "relaxerd problem"... "
      >
      > I just wanna know more about this ABSOLVER , does anybody know
      > anything about it or not ?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Shawn
    • Peter Norvig
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
        On Sunday, November 16, 2003, at 07:22 AM, hhajizadeh1008 wrote:

        > Gashtam Nabood
        > Nagard Nist ;)
        >
        > Hajix
        >
        > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "shahin_joon_2002" <shahin7@c...>
        > wrote:
        >> Dear All
        >>
        >> I have a Question about ABSOLVER .
        >>
        >> In page 103 it is witten that "Recently a program called ABSOLVER
        > was
        >> written that can generate heuristics automatically from problem
        >> definitions , using the "relaxerd problem"... "
        >>
        >> I just wanna know more about this ABSOLVER , does anybody know
        >> anything about it or not ?
        >>
        >> Thanks
        >> Shawn

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

      • Paulo Coelho Ventura Pinto
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2003
          Once I have looked for an ABSOLVER implementation in the Web. My quest was
          in vain...
          If anyone knows how to obtain information obout it and its implementation I
          would be very pleased to hear of it. In that time I was really interested to
          know about the heuristic created by it to solve rubik cube for a particular
          instance. (Indeed this was my "problem") As I have no idea to obtain the
          ABSOVER I have found another approach to the rubik cube problem: The Use of
          Pattens Databases (by Richard Korf). If anyone has any interest by the use
          of Patterns Database I can send to him the papers about it. PDs are much
          more flexible and their applications are found in other IA problems.

          Paulo Coelho