Hi all , anybody know something about ABSOLVER

  • shahin_joon_2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
      Dear All

      I have a Question about ABSOLVER .

      In page 103 it is witten that "Recently a program called ABSOLVER was
      written that can generate heuristics automatically from problem
      definitions , using the "relaxerd problem"... "

      I just wanna know more about this ABSOLVER , does anybody know
      anything about it or not ?

      Thanks
      Shawn
    • hhajizadeh1008
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
        Gashtam Nabood
        Nagard Nist ;)

        Hajix

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "shahin_joon_2002" <shahin7@c...>
        wrote:
        > Dear All
        >
        > I have a Question about ABSOLVER .
        >
        > In page 103 it is witten that "Recently a program called ABSOLVER
        was
        > written that can generate heuristics automatically from problem
        > definitions , using the "relaxerd problem"... "
        >
        > I just wanna know more about this ABSOLVER , does anybody know
        > anything about it or not ?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Shawn
      • Peter Norvig
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2003
          On Sunday, November 16, 2003, at 07:22 AM, hhajizadeh1008 wrote:

          > Gashtam Nabood
          > Nagard Nist ;)
          >
          > Hajix
          >
          > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "shahin_joon_2002" <shahin7@c...>
          > wrote:
          >> Dear All
          >>
          >> I have a Question about ABSOLVER .
          >>
          >> In page 103 it is witten that "Recently a program called ABSOLVER
          > was
          >> written that can generate heuristics automatically from problem
          >> definitions , using the "relaxerd problem"... "
          >>
          >> I just wanna know more about this ABSOLVER , does anybody know
          >> anything about it or not ?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >> Shawn

          > ---------------------~-->
          > Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

        • Paulo Coelho Ventura Pinto
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2003
            Once I have looked for an ABSOLVER implementation in the Web. My quest was
            in vain...
            If anyone knows how to obtain information obout it and its implementation I
            would be very pleased to hear of it. In that time I was really interested to
            know about the heuristic created by it to solve rubik cube for a particular
            instance. (Indeed this was my "problem") As I have no idea to obtain the
            ABSOVER I have found another approach to the rubik cube problem: The Use of
            Pattens Databases (by Richard Korf). If anyone has any interest by the use
            of Patterns Database I can send to him the papers about it. PDs are much
            more flexible and their applications are found in other IA problems.

            Paulo Coelho