Question 8.2

  • SingleAgent
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2003
      Question 8.2 asks
      "Consider a knowledge base containing just two sentences: P(a) and P
      (b). Does this knowledge base entail For All x P(x)? Explain in terms
      of models"

      The answer, as noted the the authors answer sheets is No, the KB does
      not entail this.

      If the knowledge base only has those two facts, then that is the
      agents universe. That is all it knows. So I would like to argue that
      For All x P(x) is true. If the KB contained other facts, then this
      might not be true.

      If the agent in Wumpus world knew of two squares (only two squares,
      no knowledge that any other squares exists) and each square had a pit
      in it, can we not say that For every square in the Agents Wumpus
      world, that sqaure has a pit?

      Isn't each agents universe different? All kings are persons is true
      in our universe, but certainly not in EVERY universe.

      What are your thoughts?