Re: [aima-talk] Exercise 6.8 clarification

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
      On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 11:31 AM, icewind0 wrote:

      > I think Exercise 6.8 is unclear in describing what it is asking the
      > student to do.
      >
      > I think my problem is that I'm having trouble visualizing the game
      > tree. Does a "die-roll sequence" define the game tree? What exactly is
      > a "die-roll sequence"? I'm assuming its just 50 rolls of the die. Is
      > this incorrect? If someone could perhaps rephrase the question or
      > provide any insight into what 6.8 is looking for, I'd appreaciate it.
      > Maybe showing the game state tree created by some sequence would be
      > helpful. The question is below so you don't have to reach for your
      > book. :) Thanks.

      A die-roll sequence is 8 rolls (say). There are 50 different
      sequences. Each one determines a game tree. In each of those trees,
      there are only moves for the two players; the rolls are fixed. So the
      first player has a chose of moves with the first given roll (say, a 6)
      and the second player then gets a choice of moves with her roll (say a
      5).

      > 6.8 Consider the following procedure for choosing moves in games with
      > chance nodes:
      > - Generate some die-roll sequences (say, 50) down to a suitable
      > depth (say, 8)
      > - With known die rolls, the game tree becomes deterministoc. For
      > each die-roll sequence, solve the resulting deterministic game tree
      > using alpha-beta.
      > - Use the results to estimate the value of each move and to choose
      > the best.
      >
      > Will this procedure work well? Why (not)?

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

    • Gobinath
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003

        Hi all,

                  What happens when two Deep Blue Chess Program[Deep Blue A vs. Deep Blue B] compete with each other?.Is this game leads to draw?

        what are the factors influence the win for this game?[either for A or B].

        How any one of these competents make their first move?[either randomly or based on probabilistic chance for win]

        finally, what are the advantages of minimax search algorithm?

        with regards,

        gobinath narayanasamy

        Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Post your profile.

      • Maithreebhanu