Re: [aima-talk] Exercise 6.8 clarification

  • Serguei Mokhov
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
      IMHO:

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "icewind0" <icewind0@...>
      Sent: October 03, 2003 2:31 PM

      > I think my problem is that I'm having trouble visualizing the game
      > tree. Does a "die-roll sequence" define the game tree?

      No. It only defines a particular path within the tree.

      > What exactly is
      > a "die-roll sequence"?

      An outcome of N rolls of the dice.

      > I'm assuming its just 50 rolls of the die. Is
      > this incorrect?

      No, there are 50 sequences, 8 rolls each. Each sequence
      is a path within the tree.

      -s

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
        On Friday, October 3, 2003, at 11:31 AM, icewind0 wrote:

        > I think Exercise 6.8 is unclear in describing what it is asking the
        > student to do.
        >
        > I think my problem is that I'm having trouble visualizing the game
        > tree. Does a "die-roll sequence" define the game tree? What exactly is
        > a "die-roll sequence"? I'm assuming its just 50 rolls of the die. Is
        > this incorrect? If someone could perhaps rephrase the question or
        > provide any insight into what 6.8 is looking for, I'd appreaciate it.
        > Maybe showing the game state tree created by some sequence would be
        > helpful. The question is below so you don't have to reach for your
        > book. :) Thanks.

        A die-roll sequence is 8 rolls (say). There are 50 different
        sequences. Each one determines a game tree. In each of those trees,
        there are only moves for the two players; the rolls are fixed. So the
        first player has a chose of moves with the first given roll (say, a 6)
        and the second player then gets a choice of moves with her roll (say a
        5).

        > 6.8 Consider the following procedure for choosing moves in games with
        > chance nodes:
        > - Generate some die-roll sequences (say, 50) down to a suitable
        > depth (say, 8)
        > - With known die rolls, the game tree becomes deterministoc. For
        > each die-roll sequence, solve the resulting deterministic game tree
        > using alpha-beta.
        > - Use the results to estimate the value of each move and to choose
        > the best.
        >
        > Will this procedure work well? Why (not)?

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/7brrlB/TM

      • Gobinath
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003

          Hi all,

                    What happens when two Deep Blue Chess Program[Deep Blue A vs. Deep Blue B] compete with each other?.Is this game leads to draw?

          what are the factors influence the win for this game?[either for A or B].

          How any one of these competents make their first move?[either randomly or based on probabilistic chance for win]

          finally, what are the advantages of minimax search algorithm?

          with regards,

          gobinath narayanasamy

          Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Post your profile.

        • Maithreebhanu