Re: Problem 4.6 : 8-puzzle nonadmissible heuristic

  • palookabutt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "gobigredhuskers2000"
      <gobigredhuskers2000@y...> wrote:
      > never good at 8-puzzle.
      > could anyone help me finding a heuristics which overestimates
      > sometimes.
      > almost totally lost in the field
      > thx

      Our class has an assignment on this due soon, so I can't give you a
      specific answer; however, as a hint, consider rules one might apply
      for finding admissible heuristics and what would happen if you did
      the exact opposite.

      Also, think about the definition of admissible, i.e., a heuristic
      which is _guaranteed_ not to overestimate the cost of getting from a
      node to the goal. What kinds of functions would violate that
      guarantee?

      I hope this helps!