Re: [aima-talk] Problem 3.4 - Help on Berlekamp reference

  • Simon D'Alfonso
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2003
      I was also working on problem 3.4 and decided to look up the Berlekamp books. I only found very brief coverage of the eight-puzzle and nothing particularly relevant to the question. Try this link. It discusses the disconnectednes of the eight puzzle and has some further relevant links.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
        Thanks for the references. You're right, they were much more
        helpful than Berlekamp. Berlekamp is one of those sets of books
        which would be fun to get into if I had any spare time at all...

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Simon D'Alfonso" <sjdalf@o...>
        wrote:
        > I was also working on problem 3.4 and decided to look up the
        Berlekamp books. I only found very brief coverage of the eight-
        puzzle and nothing particularly relevant to the question. Try this
        link. It discusses the disconnectednes of the eight puzzle and has
        some further relevant links.
        > http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cse471/f01-cse471-
        mailarchive/msg00057.html

        Service.