Re: [aima-talk] Differences b/w rationality and intelligence

  • Ulit Jaidee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
      Hi Gobinath,

      The computer hasn�t emotion like human. It can�t write
      some very beautiful song, like human. If computer do
      something, it will �do the right thing�, doesn�t make
      some mistake like human. But sometime �do the right
      thing� doesn�t look natural in the real thinking of
      human being.

      J. Ulit

      --- gobinath_kvp <gobinath_kvp@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Can anybody explain me the differences
      > between intelligent
      > agents and rational agents?.If they are
      > different,mail me the details
      >
      > arrividervis
      > gobinath narayanasamy

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • vlopez2010
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ulit Jaidee <ulitjd@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Gobinath,
        >
        > The computer hasn't emotion like human. It can't write
        > some very beautiful song, like human. If computer do
        > something, it will "do the right thing", doesn't make
        > some mistake like human. But sometime "do the right
        > thing" doesn't look natural in the real thinking of
        > human being.

        Quite right about emotions. Now:

        I just wonder then, when a computer does the right thing and a human
        considers it also the right thing to do, then the preception will be:
        this an intelligent agent? I have the feeling that the
        label "intelligent" is applied when we humans "recognize"
        or "percept" some behavior as such.

        Thanks for your comments.