Differences b/w rationality and intelligence

  • gobinath_kvp
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2003
      Hi all,
      Can anybody explain me the differences between intelligent
      agents and rational agents?.If they are different,mail me the details

      arrividervis
      gobinath narayanasamy
    • Ulit Jaidee
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
        Hi Gobinath,

        The computer hasn�t emotion like human. It can�t write
        some very beautiful song, like human. If computer do
        something, it will �do the right thing�, doesn�t make
        some mistake like human. But sometime �do the right
        thing� doesn�t look natural in the real thinking of
        human being.

        J. Ulit

        --- gobinath_kvp <gobinath_kvp@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > Can anybody explain me the differences
        > between intelligent
        > agents and rational agents?.If they are
        > different,mail me the details
        >
        > arrividervis
        > gobinath narayanasamy

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • vlopez2010
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2003
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ulit Jaidee <ulitjd@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Gobinath,
          >
          > The computer hasn't emotion like human. It can't write
          > some very beautiful song, like human. If computer do
          > something, it will "do the right thing", doesn't make
          > some mistake like human. But sometime "do the right
          > thing" doesn't look natural in the real thinking of
          > human being.

          Quite right about emotions. Now:

          I just wonder then, when a computer does the right thing and a human
          considers it also the right thing to do, then the preception will be:
          this an intelligent agent? I have the feeling that the
          label "intelligent" is applied when we humans "recognize"
          or "percept" some behavior as such.

          Thanks for your comments.