Problem 3.4 - Help on Berlekamp reference

  • palookabutt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      I was working on problem 3.4 (never did get very good at those
      sliding-block puzzles as a kid). I found the Berlekamp books at the
      library, but I haven't found sliding-block puzzles in there yet.
      Are they under a different name, or is there a different class of
      games I should be looking for?

      Thanks!
    • Simon D'Alfonso

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
          Thanks for the references. You're right, they were much more
          helpful than Berlekamp. Berlekamp is one of those sets of books
          which would be fun to get into if I had any spare time at all...

          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Simon D'Alfonso" <sjdalf@o...>
          wrote:
          > I was also working on problem 3.4 and decided to look up the
          Berlekamp books. I only found very brief coverage of the eight-
          puzzle and nothing particularly relevant to the question. Try this
          link. It discusses the disconnectednes of the eight puzzle and has
          some further relevant links.
          > http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/cse471/f01-cse471-
          mailarchive/msg00057.html

          Service.