Re: excercise solutions

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2003
      Solutions to exercises are not available. The reason is that instructors want to
      assign exercises as homework, and want the students to do the work
      themselves, rather than copying the answers.

      -Peter Norvig

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "ironmaid60" <ironmaid60@y...> wrote:
      > Hello, I have the italian version of this great book, but
      > unfortunately there are not the solutions to the excercises, so if
      > someone knows where i can find them, please help me,
      > thank you very much :)
    • ironmaid60
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Norvig" <peter@n...> wrote:
        > Solutions to exercises are not available. The reason is that
        instructors want to
        > assign exercises as homework, and want the students to do the work
        > themselves, rather than copying the answers.
        >
        > -Peter Norvig

        I understand this, but there are a lot of students that prepare
        themselves with the book without following classes, and in those
        cases (like mine) it would be useful to have at least part of the
        answers, because otherwise you don't know if your answers are right
        or wrong.. that was my case, but no problem, thank you very much for
        answering me :)
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2003
          I agree with you, and it is our goal to eventually have additional
          exercises (not the ones in the book) online with answers. However,
          we're also busy with other tasks.