excercise solutions

  • ironmaid60
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2003
      Hello, I have the italian version of this great book, but
      unfortunately there are not the solutions to the excercises, so if
      someone knows where i can find them, please help me,

      thank you very much :)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2003
        Solutions to exercises are not available. The reason is that instructors want to
        assign exercises as homework, and want the students to do the work
        themselves, rather than copying the answers.

        -Peter Norvig

        --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "ironmaid60" <ironmaid60@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, I have the italian version of this great book, but
        > unfortunately there are not the solutions to the excercises, so if
        > someone knows where i can find them, please help me,
        > thank you very much :)
      • ironmaid60
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2003
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Norvig" <peter@n...> wrote:
          > Solutions to exercises are not available. The reason is that
          instructors want to
          > assign exercises as homework, and want the students to do the work
          > themselves, rather than copying the answers.
          >
          > -Peter Norvig

          I understand this, but there are a lot of students that prepare
          themselves with the book without following classes, and in those
          cases (like mine) it would be useful to have at least part of the
          answers, because otherwise you don't know if your answers are right
          or wrong.. that was my case, but no problem, thank you very much for
          answering me :)
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2003
            I agree with you, and it is our goal to eventually have additional
            exercises (not the ones in the book) online with answers. However,
            we're also busy with other tasks.