Point of clarification...

  • tfrench66
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
      Hi.

      I am currently using AIMA printed in 1995 (2nd printing - I think!) and I think I spotted a mistake or just a point that needs to be clarified in the CURRENT-BEST-LEARNING algorithm on page 547, Chapter 18, section 18.5.

      The line reads
      for each remaining example in examples do

      should it not read -

      for each remaining example e in examples do

      As we use the variable e in the rest of the algorithm, but it is never initialised.

      Yours thankfully,
      T. French

      Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Undergraduate
      University of Edinburgh, UK
    • Tommy French