Re: [aima-talk] csp.py

    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2003
      The zebra problem is difficult; you may have run out of memory. What
      error msg did you get? You should get an answer eventually, but it
      should take several minutes.

      I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.

      I also moved the code to http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python

      -Peter

      On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 06:23 AM, Brandon Corfman wrote:

      > Since this file has been mentioned recently, I'd like to ask how
      > finished it is. I tried running solve_zebra, and it bombs out with an
      > error. Also, it doesn't look like some of the other problems (like
      > N-Queens) have a direct way to execute.
      >
      > Brandon

    • BRANDON C CORFMAN
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2003
        >>> csp.solve_zebra()
        House 1
        Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
        csp.solve_zebra()
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Brandon
        Corfman\Desktop\PyCode\csp.py", line 431, in solve_zebra
        for (var, val) in ans.items():
        AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'

        It definitely takes several minutes to get this error message -- I think
        about 20-30 minutes on my P4. It looks like it's ending without finding
        a solution?

        Thanks for the new code; I'll give it a try.

        Brandon

        Peter Norvig wrote:

        >The zebra problem is difficult; you may have run out of memory. What
        >error msg did you get? You should get an answer eventually, but it
        >should take several minutes.
        >
        >I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.
        >
        >I also moved the code to http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python
        >
        >-Peter

      • Brandon Corfman
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2003
          --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Peter Norvig <peter@n...> wrote:

          > I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.

          I must be missing something; I didn't see any difference in the files.
          Am I looking in the wrong place?

          Thanks,
          Brandon
          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2003
            The latest version is now at aima.cs.berkeley.edu

            You can see the output of the examples at
            http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/docex-log.html#csp.py

            The file itself is at
            http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/csp.py

            -Peter