csp.py

  • Brandon Corfman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2003
      Since this file has been mentioned recently, I'd like to ask how
      finished it is. I tried running solve_zebra, and it bombs out with an
      error. Also, it doesn't look like some of the other problems (like
      N-Queens) have a direct way to execute.

      Brandon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2003
        The zebra problem is difficult; you may have run out of memory. What
        error msg did you get? You should get an answer eventually, but it
        should take several minutes.

        I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.

        I also moved the code to http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python

        -Peter

        On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 06:23 AM, Brandon Corfman wrote:

        > Since this file has been mentioned recently, I'd like to ask how
        > finished it is. I tried running solve_zebra, and it bombs out with an
        > error. Also, it doesn't look like some of the other problems (like
        > N-Queens) have a direct way to execute.
        >
        > Brandon

      • BRANDON C CORFMAN
        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2003
          >>> csp.solve_zebra()
          House 1
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
          csp.solve_zebra()
          File "C:\Documents and Settings\Brandon
          Corfman\Desktop\PyCode\csp.py", line 431, in solve_zebra
          for (var, val) in ans.items():
          AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'items'

          It definitely takes several minutes to get this error message -- I think
          about 20-30 minutes on my P4. It looks like it's ending without finding
          a solution?

          Thanks for the new code; I'll give it a try.

          Brandon

          Peter Norvig wrote:

          >The zebra problem is difficult; you may have run out of memory. What
          >error msg did you get? You should get an answer eventually, but it
          >should take several minutes.
          >
          >I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.
          >
          >I also moved the code to http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python
          >
          >-Peter

        • Brandon Corfman
          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2003
            --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Peter Norvig <peter@n...> wrote:

            > I added some example calls for N-Queens and the map problems.

            I must be missing something; I didn't see any difference in the files.
            Am I looking in the wrong place?

            Thanks,
            Brandon
            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2003
              The latest version is now at aima.cs.berkeley.edu

              You can see the output of the examples at
              http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/docex-log.html#csp.py

              The file itself is at
              http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/python/csp.py

              -Peter