partial errata list

  • Luke Hodgkinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2003
      Dear Dr. Norvig,

      I think your textbook is one of the best textbooks I have ever read.

      The most obvious typographical errors I have found so far are 1) page 121 line 12: remove [discretization]; 2) page 26 third line from the bottom: replace form with from; 3) page 37 14th line from the bottom: replace a with an; 4) page 186 line 14: replace contingency problems with contingency problem; 5) page 95 footnote 2: replace is with it; 6) page 130 line 3: remove extra word betwen combines and pairs; 7) p 165 14th line from bottom: remove extra word between to and extend; 8) p 182 line 3: transpose felt and that; 9) p 183 7th line from the bottom: add has between approach and been; 10) p 191 Ex. 6.5 b. 3rd line: add to between nodes and the; 11) page 194 9th line from bottom: add is between uses and in; 12) page 247 last line: add are between there and roughly; 13) p 276 7th line from bottom: add in between that and one; 14) p 284 line 5: remove if and add it after whether; 15) page 364 line 15: remove [modal operator]; 16) page 425 line 17: replace are with and.

      The most obvious errors of reference that I have found so far are 1) page 368 8th line from the bottom: a reference is made to the supermarket world from the first edition; perhaps the reference should be changed to the Internet shopping world; 2) page 375 line 3: no logical planning agent was introduced in chapter 10; perhaps the reference should be to Chapter 7; 3) page 370 Ex. 10.4: Section 10.3 did not have any axioms relating to soup; perhaps the axioms that are to be used should be clarified; 4) page 413 Ex. 11.4 d.: it does not seem that the qualification problem has been introduced at this point in the book; even the index agrees; 5) p 431 line 9: the qualification problem does not seem to have been discussed in Chapter 10.

      I will continue to keep you posted about the errors I find during my reading since I've only finished the first 435 pages. I hope that this partial errata list will be helpful when preparing your magnificent book for the second printing.

      Luke Hodgkinson