History LIST

  • Naresh_521204
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2002
      I just wanted to know what data structure is best for
      implementing the history-list in the various searches
      such as DFS, BFS and A*
      thanks
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2002
        You could look at the online code, and ypu'd see that for depth-first search
        you want a stack, for breadth-first a queue, and for A* a priority queue.

        http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/code/search/algorithms/simple.lisp
        http://www.norvig.com/python/search.html

        -Peter

        > I just wanted to know what data structure is best for
        > implementing the history-list in the various searches
        > such as DFS, BFS and A*
        > thanks

      • Naresh_521204
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2002
          Thanks for the reply
          For the dfs i am using 2 datastrucutes
          one for storing the nodes that have not been expanded yet
          which is a queue
          and one for the already expanded nodes which in this case is
          a history list which i was implementing as a queue but we have
          to use other datastructres for implementing it

          --- In aima-talk@y..., "Peter Norvig" <peter@n...> wrote:
          > You could look at the online code, and ypu'd see that for depth-
          first search
          > you want a stack, for breadth-first a queue, and for A* a priority
          queue.

          > http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/code/search/algorithms/simple.lisp
          > http://www.norvig.com/python/search.html
          >
          > -Peter

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Naresh_521204
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
            Can any one suggest a good evaluation function for the mancala game
            other then the difference in the number of stones in the mancalas of
            the players
            thanks