93Re: [aima-talk] Compiler for Source

  • Will Deakin
    Sep 20, 2002
      --- wein3150 a scritto:
      > Hi,
      > Can anyone tell me if MIT Scheme 7.5 for W98 should
      > work okay with the lisp source code form the text?
      No. Although similar, common lisp and scheme are
      sufficiently different such that the code in the book
      will not -- in general -- work with scheme.

      Two approaches now seem obvious (to me at least),
      either port the code to scheme or obtain a common lisp
      compiler. Dependant on your personal bias, skills and
      experience one should now be apparent.

      If it were *me* I would start out by looking at one of
      free common lisp compilers which, I *think*, run under
      W98. For example, the excellent clisp or corman lisp
      spring to mind. Or trial editions of the excellent
      xanalys lispworks or franz allegro common lisp.

      Hope this helps,

      Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic