898just some thoughts on "proof by contradiction" introduced on page 250 used on pa

  • fawadsmailbox
    Feb 13, 2011
      just need some thoughts on "proof by contradiction" introduced on page 250 used on page 254, 7th line from the end `...we wish to prove Alpha; which is,say,¬P12`

      according to proof by contradiction, it is : KB AND ¬Alpha ( we show is unsatisfiable to prove KB entails Alpha)

      but in the example, it is Alpha = ¬P12

      So then ¬ Alpha is: ¬(¬P12), will become just P12 and so it is reflected in Figure 7.13

      Right?!