874Frontier and Hashtable

  • bagheri_abbass
    Apr 24, 2010

      Hello All!

      In Aima 3/e we have these two sentences in the book (chapter 3)

      1- "expand the chosen node adding the resuting node to the frontier

      only if not in the frontier or explored set"

      2-"The explored set can be implemented with a hash table to allow efficient checking for repeated states"

      Now, my question is: what about the frontier? we must check the frontier for repeated states, but this set is a queue, not a hashtable!! can we chech the frontier for repeated states efficiently? how?

      I think this is a natural question that might be arise for every reader!

      Thanks a lot