790uniform-cost search worth case time

  • Ehsan
    Oct 2, 2007
      hi all
      I think there is a critical point in chapter 3,section 4,page 75 of
      seconde edition of AIMA,about worth case time of uniform-cost search.
      authors defined C* as a cost of the optimal solution and used it to
      determine the asymptotic complexity of this search, the point is that
      C* is a problem dependent variable and could not be predicted before
      solving the problem and has no upper or lower bound. for that it's not
      useful for comparing the time consuming. please help me to understand
      why C* is definded and what's the use of it?

      thanx
      Ehsan