714Re: [aima-talk] "AI becomes a science (1987--present)" --- why 1987?

    Nov 2, 2006
      I don't have the book with me right now, but I believe we took the (as
      you say, quite arbitrary) turning point to be Pearl's book, which has
      1988 as a publication date, but actually appeared in 1987.

      -Peter

      On 11/1/06, Wang, Pei <Dr.PeiWang@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > In page 25, it is said that "AI becomes a science (1987--present)".
      >
      > I understand that it doesn't make much sense to pinpoint the exact
      > time when this process started, but on the other hand, the authors
      > must choose 1987 for a reason, which I cannot find in the following
      > description. Can anyone help?
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic