697Re: [aima-talk] complex decisions algorithms

  • Ivan F. Villanueva B.
    Jun 15, 2006
      On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 12:51:03AM +0200, Ivan F. Villanueva B. wrote:
      > I have noticed that on page 619 of the international edition (figure 17.3) the
      > best action for position 3,1 is to move North. However the figure 17.2 indicates
      > that the optimal policy sets West for that position.
      >
      > Using my beta applet at
      > www.artificialidea.com/my_programs/complex_decisions/index.html
      > I get the same results (West using modified-policy-iterator and North using
      > value-iterator)
      >
      > I wonder what I have missed.

      I've found my mistake: the best action in figure 17.3 for 3,1 is *not* to move
      North, even if the value of the position 3,2 is higher than the one in 2,1. The
      best move in 3,1 is, nevertheless, West. The reason is that trying moving North
      could lead the agent to position 4,1 with probability 0.1. But moving West makes
      impossible to land in 4,1, and possible to go to 3,2 too.

      BTW, if anyone have looked at the applet in the link above, I will appreciate
      any comments.

      Regards,
      --
      Ivan F. Villanueva B.