601Re: The future of AI

  • j1mmy_n3u7120n
    Dec 22, 2005
      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, Ivan Villanueva <ivan@a...> wrote:

      > On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 07:25:06AM -0000, j1mmy_n3u7120n wrote:
      > > --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "mattias_kristoffersen"
      > > > What do you belive will be the most usefull area for AI.
      >
      > > Research!
      > > AI is going to drive research in biology in the future.
      >
      > Could you explain it a little more. Which biology research is
      related with AI.
      > I'm very interested in. Some links ?
      >
      > --
      > Ivan F. Villanueva B.
      > The dream of intelligent machines: www.artificialidea.com
      > Encrypted mail preferred.
      > GPG Key Id: 3FDBF85F 2004-10-18 Ivan-Fernando Villanueva Barrio

      Most computational problems in biology are being solved using AI
      techniques. I give a few links below,
      1. Evaluation of Gene Protein Prediction Programs
      http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/guigo.ps

      2. Locating Protein Coding Regions in Human DNA using a Decision Tree
      Algorithm
      http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~salzberg/exons.ps.gz

      3. Genetic operators for the DNA fragment-assembly problem
      ftp://mammoth.cs.unm.edu/pub/forrest/dna-fragment-94.ps.gz

      4. Machine Learning in Molecular Biology Sequence Analysis
      http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/chan91machine.html

      There are several such things going on, the field is basically called
      computational biology or bioinformatics. One link that is of quite an
      interest would be,
      Blue Brain Project
      http://bluebrainproject.epfl.ch/

      -- AI