539Formality vs Informality

  • gerd_m1977
    Sep 8, 2005
      Hello!
      I've read the paragraph about AI becoming a science and therefore more
      formal. But somehow I'm having the impression that the informal
      approach to problems in AI remains to be more common rather than
      the rigorous/proof based style of other fields in computer science.
      Don't get me wrong - that isn't meant as a criticism of the book, just
      a general impression. (I've encountered other AI books/papers that
      afirmed this.)

      So where about can AI be found (considering a "formality hierarchy")?
      Close to Formal Methods and Analysis of Algorithms, or rather near
      fields like Software Engineering?
      Maybe someone with more experience than me could comment on this?

      regards