513Re: [aima-talk] More hint to solve problem

    Apr 16, 2005
      There are several exercises that assume different abilities for the
      vacuum, but basically, it can only scan the current position for dirt.
      You need to build a map (or history of waypoints as you put it),
      because the vacuum cannot recognize when it is back someplace it has
      been before.

      -Peter

      On 4/15/05, fasisi2003 <fasisi2003@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I am studying AI autodidactly. I am still on chapter 2 of AIMA, the
      > vacuum cleaner problem. Do you have an idea on how to move the vacuum
      > (the algorithm)?
      >
      > If the vacuum able to scan only the floor underneath, how to keep the
      > vacuum from visiting the same position? Should the vacuum remember its
      > history of waypoints?
      >
      > Can I make the vacuum scans its surroundings (left, front, right)?
      >
      > Should the vacuum knows floor's size?
      >
      > I need more hint to solve this problem.
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Frans Indroyono