380Re: cable laying problem

  • georgel360
    Jul 19 10:02 AM
      I find your problem specification somewhat confusing. I would be
      helped by a sample arrray of about 5 x 5 together with a text
      describing what the array represents.

      It might also be useful to know what resolution is desired. Some
      methods that might be useful for a 100 x 100 array might not work well
      due to space or time considerations on a 10,000 x 10,000 array.

      Hope I can help.

      george

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "Bhavin" <bhavin.sanghani@g...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > As a part of academic project, I am solving one Cable
      > Laying problem using GP.
      >
      > Problem is:
      > To optimise cost, minimum path of laying cable in area
      > X to be found.
      >
      > Inputs are Road, Obstacle (bldg, pond, temple etc),
      > Delivery points, Source Points.
      > So, using two dimensional array I represented all
      > these points like
      >
      > Path Path Path
      > Path Road Path
      > Source Road Path
      > Path Road Obstcale
      > Path Road Path(D)
      > Path(T)Path Path
      >
      > T- Turning point (Assumption)
      > D- Delivery point
      >
      > Now, to connect with Source to Delivery Point I can
      > create Turning Points to minimise distance in overall graph.
      >
      > In my initial population I will have to create minimum
      > spanning trees of all possible graphs with Turning points.
      >
      > My problem is:
      > How can I create graph by connecting edges where
      > Obstacle is present. Ofcourse, path is available
      > but lots of turning points may require. So, to walk
      > and find the path is very messy exercise.
      >
      > And also how can I evaluate fitness? Because if i take
      > any formula like Eucilidean etc. then also it will be incorret due to
      > presence of obstacle between the points.
      >
      > Pls reply soon.
      >
      > -bhavin
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic