278Re: Hi,what's the algorithm of Ex.3.14

  • Brandon Corfman
    Dec 5, 2003
      Well, here are some thoughts on the subject.

      -- The branching factor for any particular web page could be very
      large. You'd probably want to consider a way of looking for
      promising/relevant links first.
      -- You want to put some sort of cutoff, in case the pages weren't
      related, or weren't related in any reasonable number of links.
      -- Google has a way of showing which pages link to another page. They
      also have an API you could use.
      -- You probably want to use a language for this project that has a
      built-in library for dealing with Web pages. Python comes to mind.

      Best regards,
      Brandon

      --- In aima-talk@yahoogroups.com, "pu_shi2003" <pu_shi2003@y...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone:
      > Now i'm doing the exercise 3.14 on the 1st edition.
      > My professor named it with Google's search?
      > Does google use bidirectional search?
      > I have searched for a long time,but......
      >
      > Could anyone give me some idea?Thank you!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic