175Re: [aima-talk] Neural Network - layers in a net

    Jun 3, 2003
      You will find many rules of thumb to say exactly how many layers or
      units to put into a network. Don't believe them. The best answer is to
      search the parameter space and use cross-validation. A helpful
      discussion is at
      http://www-aig.jpl.nasa.gov/public/home/decoste/HTMLS/NN/FAQ/
      FAQ2.html#A_hu

      On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 12:33 PM, Alberto Vera wrote:

      > Hello:
      >
      > Could you tell me about any method to answer this questions?
      > a) How many hidden layers do I set in a neural network?
      > b) How many neurons do I set for each hidden layer ?
      > c) how many layers is it better to set in a neural network?
      >
      > Regards

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic