111AIMA + AI4U = GOFAI

  • A.T. Murray <uj797@victoria.tc.ca>
    Dec 21, 2002
      We congratulate the hard-working authors of AIMA
      on the illustrious publication of their second edition
      and we recommend AI4U as a companion AI experimentation manual.

      AIMA teaches the in-depth background of artificial intelligence,
      while AI4U, newly published in November of 2002, introduces an
      abstract AI theory of mind and its implementation in primitive
      http://www.mentifex.virtualentity.com/jsaimind.html AI software.

      In co-operation with the senior AIMA textbook, AI4U is a junior
      AI textbook available by print-on-demand (POD) from its publisher at
      http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0595259227 or
      from Barnes and Noble among the wide gamut of general AI textbooks at
      http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSearch/isbnInquiry.asp?
      ISBN=0595259227 .

      Please view a mention of AI4U in AIMA-talk not as a hostile intrusion
      but as a collaborative approach to advancing the AI state of the art.

      When you have obtained the second edition of AIMA,
      if you no longer need your copy of the first edition,
      please consider releasing it into the wild as a runaway
      http://www.bookcrossing.com/search/?isbn=0131038052 book.

      If you find AI4U worthy of memetic propagation, please
      consider its minimal price as a shareware donation and
      release your first or second copy into the wild as an AI
      http://www.bookcrossing.com/search/?isbn=0595259227 manual.