Why Sales Without Marketing is DUMB

  • Scott Bywater
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Scott Bywater

      Article Title:
      Why Sales Without Marketing is DUMB

      Article Description:
      I remember when I first started out in sales I used to set
      up a meeting and I would get there and the person sitting
      across from me would be like: "Well, convince me" ... and
      I would be like a telemarketer on steroids trying to show
      them why I had the best solution in the world for them. Can
      you relate?

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-10-05 10:00:00

      Written By: Scott Bywater
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:sbywater@...

      Scott Bywater's Picture URL:
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/images/scott2.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Scott Bywater, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/scott-bywater.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/sales-without-marketing.shtml#get_code

      Why Sales Without Marketing is DUMB
      Copyright (c) 2010 Scott Bywater
      Copywriting That SELLS
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/

      I remember when I first started out in sales I used to set up a
      meeting and I would get there and the person sitting across from
      me would be like:

      "Well, convince me"

      ... and I would be like a telemarketer on steroids trying to show
      them why I had the best solution in the world for them.

      Can you relate?

      I started out as a cold-call salesperson and a cold call
      telemarketer, so that's all I knew.

      And while it does work... while it is a numbers game...

      it is NOT the most effective way to sell.

      And over the long term, you shouldn't be running all over town
      talking to unqualified prospects who have this "convince me"
      energy about them.

      Instead, you should...

      CONVINCE THEM BEFORE YOU GET THERE

      And how do you do that - that's right, through marketing and
      education.

      For instance, if I was selling a web design service what I would
      do is create a report called something like:

      "The 7 Mistakes You are Making With Your Advertising Right Now -
      and How They are Costing You a Fortune"

      And then I would have a paging service take the call ... a
      distribution house mail out the report...

      ... and a handful of letters after that... followed by a series
      of emails like this one.

      And then those interested... those people who were predisposed to
      deal with me...

      Would call me. And they would be interested. And in order to talk
      to me I would charge them for that initial phone call.

      And do you know what would happen -

      My conversion rates would go up.

      My time would not be wasted.

      And my clients would get a better service because I wouldn't be
      wasting my time with people who weren't predisposed to deal with
      me.

      But here's the question:

      Do you have the discipline to implement this? Do you have the
      courage to charge for your time?

      Or will you say...

      "I don't have the time"

      And will you then think...

      "How can I charge for my first consultation. Nobody else does"

      Yes, that's right and that's why the average small business
      owner earns crap money.

      If you're sick and tired of dealing with people who don't
      appreciate your product or service... who don't respect your
      time... and of chasing your tail dealing with people who aren't
      predisposed to dealing with you, then I urge you right now to
      make the commitment to...

      LEARN HOW TO MARKET YOURSELF - NOT JUST SELL

      The good news - you can get started for peanuts at:
      http://www.morecustomersmadeeasy.com

      And the first lesson alone will show you how to write that lead
      generation ad to get the ball rolling.

      As a direct response copywriter, Scott Bywater strives to educate
      business owners on how to generate more leads, get more of the
      "right type" of customers, differentiate themselves from their
      competition, and convert their leads into sales via his
      underground and "outside of the box" strategies. You can get his
      copywriting and marketing tips delivered to your inbox via his
      eye opening "Copywriting Selling Secrets" newsletter available at
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/b/sales-without-marketing.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Scott Bywater can be reached at:
      sbywater@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:sbywater@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * aidphelp@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Scott Bywater
      http://www.copywritingthatsells.com.au/