Re: Re: [ai-philosophy] Forum Heat Death

  • Roger Clough
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hi Eray Ozkural

      Wy are you so hostle ? I thught you were a scientist,
      here you are trying to win a debate. Why not search instead
      for the truth ?

      So let me ask this . OK, suppose that the
      laws of physics came with the matter.

      Then where did the matter come from ?l

      Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
      See my Leibniz site at
      http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

      From: Eray Ozkural
      Receiver: ai-philosophy@yahoogroups.com
      Time: 2013-08-30, 13:39:41
      Subject: Re: [ai-philosophy] Forum Heat Death

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 30, 2013
        Well you tell me where energy came from. :)

        What's hostile about a good joke? Watchmaker argument was never good and scientists don't take it so seriously.

        --
        Eray Ozkural
        http://myspace.com/arizanesil

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
          Hi Eray Ozkural

          Energy had to come from the same place as matter, since
          they are interchangeable via E=mc^2. Which means
          both came from Mind, as does everything.

          That's how Leibniz saw it. And I follow him out of
          necessity, for without him there is no Mind.
          It sefrtainty isn't in materialism.

          From: Eray Ozkural
          Receiver: ai-philosophy@yahoogroups.com
          Time: 2013-08-30, 16:39:34

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013
            I don't think your Leibniz argument makes any sense. That is, there
            were certainly minds before Leibniz :)

            On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Roger Clough <rclough@...> wrote:
            > Hi Eray Ozkural
            >
            > Energy had to come from the same place as matter, since
            > they are interchangeable via E=mc^2. Which means
            > both came from Mind, as does everything.
            >
            > That's how Leibniz saw it. And I follow him out of
            > necessity, for without him there is no Mind.
            > It sefrtainty isn't in materialism.
            >

            > Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
            > See my Leibniz site at
            > http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

            > From: Eray Ozkural
            > Receiver: ai-philosophy@yahoogroups.com
            > Time: 2013-08-30, 16:39:34
            > Subject: Re: [ai-philosophy] Forum Heat Death
            >

            >>Well you tell me where energy came from. :)
            >>
            >>What's hostile about a good joke? Watchmaker argument was never good and scientists don't take it so seriously.
            >>
            >>--
            >>Eray Ozkural
            >>http://myspace.com/arizanesil
            >>

            >>On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:47 PM, "Roger Clough" wrote:
            >>
            >>> Hi Eray Ozkural
            >>>

            >>> Wy are you so hostle ? I thught you were a scientist,
            >>> here you are trying to win a debate. Why not search instead
            >>> for the truth ?
            >>>
            >>> So let me ask this . OK, suppose that the
            >>> laws of physics came with the matter.
            >>>
            >>> Then where did the matter come from ?l
            >>>

            >>> Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
            >>> See my Leibniz site at
            >>> http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

            Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate. Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
          • walterhorn
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 31, 2013

              One difference between Leibniz and his contemporary fan here is that while Leibniz kept up with the current science of his day, Roger here is still mired in 17th Century proto-science.  There's not a doubt in the world that if Leibniz were on this list today, he'd look on most of the recent posts as humorous irrelevancies--and this in spite of his massive ego.

              I mean, he was smart.