Re: [ai-philosophy] Programming an ai

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2013
      You know what they say, practice makes perfect! Studying classical AI algorithms (game playing, problem solving etc) will pay off.

      Best,

      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 3:25 PM, meagretin <justin.zijlstra@...> wrote:
      Hi, for philosophical and metapsychological motivations, I want to program an ai from above.

      (I have a group of things I want to apply on the ai).

      I've found prolog and bought a book for it.

      However there might be more (languages and applicability come to mind).

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          ai-philosophy-digest@yahoogroups.com
          ai-philosophy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Eray Ozkural
    • Sergio Navega
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
        > Studying classical AI algorithms (game playing, problem solving
        > etc) will pay off.

        Yes, indeed, it will pay off. Not as examples to be followed,
        but just as attempts that failed at creating intelligent devices.

        And by the way, Meagretin mentioned Prolog. Crap on crackers!
        Prolog is a brain-damaging language. Try anything more
        general (C++, Delphi, C#). And build the system using
        object-oriented techniques (and don't be afraid of throwing
        everything in the garbage and starting all over again, if
        things don't work as expected).

        Sergio Navega

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2013
          Hi,

          Both of you thank you.

          I know c in c++ syntax; did the exercises in a book.
          Perhaps I need to review that again.

          Still not sure about applications which are already done -to some point-.

          Regards,

          Justin