18653Re: [ai-philosophy] Re: [MAGIC-list] Bibliography on philosophy of probability

  • Tarik ÖZKANLI
    Feb 6, 2014
      I can give a hand for this kind of project if you'd like.

      On 6 February 2014 14:04, Eray Ozkural <erayo@...> wrote:

      On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Laurent <laurent.orseau@...> wrote:
      On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Eray Ozkural <examachine@...> wrote:
      Philpapers.org has a very relevant bibliography if you haven't seen it.

      http://philpapers.org/browse/philosophy-of-probability/

      It would be great to have a similar site for artificial intelligence.

      Good idea, but that would be a huge and messy bibliography!
      Wanna give it a shot? ;)

      We would have to make it a collaborative and "smart" website, even better than philpapers (since we're computer scientists?). Could be a very nice hobby project indeed, at least for the reason that I'm having a difficult time editing bibliographies, and no matter how hard I try, I seem to miss some good papers. I never seem to have time for web programming, but I'm learning ocsigen for a project. I suppose the paper crawler part is quite important (i.e. google scholar like functionality), but I liked some other features of this site, as well. The paper categorization is great. And the website is neat.

      That being said, I think philosophers have done a much better job at this than we did. Currently, the only place I know where there are online computer science papers is the arxiv (except these commercial sites like academia.edu) and that's not a very sociable site. On the arxiv, there are only broad categories of CS and there isn't adequate browsing, bibliographies are external and physics / astrophysics oriented. OTOH, academia.edu just looks good and doesn't quite have the air of arxiv and I don't like commercial sites.

      I thought that the philosophy of probability papers would be interesting for the MAGIC list members, since almost all mathematical AI researchers have a keen interest in philosophy.

      Regards,

      --
      Eray Ozkural, PhD. Computer Scientist
      Founder, Gok Us Sibernetik Ar&Ge Ltd.