18613Re: [ai-philosophy] Davidson on Supervenience

  • walterhorn
    Dec 17, 2013

      I've said before and I'll say again that I totally understand your skepticism about anomalous monism.  The view appeals to me, but I understand that it has a lot of explaining to do. Supervenience is kind of a mud pit.

      FWIW, the piece I've enjoyed most recently on this subject is a paper by Amie Thomasson called "A Non-Reductive Solution to Mental Causation".  She was nice enough to let me reprint it in my Hall book, but it's also available on JSTOR, if you have access to that database.