18579RE: Re: Re: [ai-philosophy] Forum Heat Death

  • walterhorn
    Aug 31, 2013

      One difference between Leibniz and his contemporary fan here is that while Leibniz kept up with the current science of his day, Roger here is still mired in 17th Century proto-science.  There's not a doubt in the world that if Leibniz were on this list today, he'd look on most of the recent posts as humorous irrelevancies--and this in spite of his massive ego.

      I mean, he was smart.

      --- In ai-philosophy@yahoogroups.com, <erayo@...> wrote:

      I don't think your Leibniz argument makes any sense. That is, there
      were certainly minds before Leibniz :)

      On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Roger Clough <rclough@...> wrote:
      > Hi Eray Ozkural
      >
      > Energy had to come from the same place as matter, since
      > they are interchangeable via E=mc^2. Which means
      > both came from Mind, as does everything.
      >
      > That's how Leibniz saw it. And I follow him out of
      > necessity, for without him there is no Mind.
      > It sefrtainty isn't in materialism.
      >

      > Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
      > See my Leibniz site at
      > http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

      > From: Eray Ozkural
      > Receiver: ai-philosophy@yahoogroups.com
      > Time: 2013-08-30, 16:39:34
      > Subject: Re: [ai-philosophy] Forum Heat Death
      >

      >>Well you tell me where energy came from. :)
      >>
      >>What's hostile about a good joke? Watchmaker argument was never good and scientists don't take it so seriously.
      >>
      >>--
      >>Eray Ozkural
      >>http://myspace.com/arizanesil
      >>

      >>On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:47 PM, "Roger Clough" wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hi Eray Ozkural
      >>>

      >>> Wy are you so hostle ? I thught you were a scientist,
      >>> here you are trying to win a debate. Why not search instead
      >>> for the truth ?
      >>>
      >>> So let me ask this . OK, suppose that the
      >>> laws of physics came with the matter.
      >>>
      >>> Then where did the matter come from ?l
      >>>

      >>> Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
      >>> See my Leibniz site at
      >>> http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

      Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate. Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara