  • Bharat Lohani
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28 5:04 AM
      Hi,

      Please could you help me with....

      1. Any reference about any adaptive interpolation method?
      ( Adaptive means which interpolates considering the local
      anisotropy. The kriging takes the global
      varigram model, which might not be true for local
      variations ( am I correct ?).)

      2. I need to carry out some neighborhood operations with the
      data which is not in grid. This requires searching the
      full data set (approx. 1 M points ) evertime to find the
      points in the neighborhood of known locations. The super
      block search in GSLIB is a clever implementation for
      the same. However, I am looking for a code in c, if
      available, for super block search or anyother parallel
      algorithm, which might save my time of converting the
      GSLIB algorithm to c.

      Thanks in advance.

      Bharat.
    • Maribeth Milner
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29 9:25 AM
        Bharat,

        The program, Surfer (http://www.goldensoftware.com), provides a number
        of interpolators. You can either have what appears to be an anisotropic
        weighting or you can perform an anisotropic search or both - depending upon
        the selected interpolator. One can set the ellipse radii and the ellipse
        tilt - there are no rectangles/squares.

        For irregularly spaced data, you can search by quadrants or octants to
        avoid over weighting local data clusters.

        Finally, you can perform mathematical functions between gridded data
        sets of the same dimension.

        Maribeth