GEOSTATS: GSLIB Software

  • Lai Thiam Chin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 1998
      I'm a first time user of the GSLIB and I have a problem in transferring the variogram model from Variowin to the GSLIB software. I was asked to specify a parameter file every time I tried to run the program but what actually is a parameter file? Do I have to modify the output files obtained from the Variowin before I can use it in GSLIB software? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

      Lai Thiam Chin
      Dept. of Petroleum Engg.
      Faculty of Chemical and Natural Resources Engg.
      University Technology of Malaysia
      P.O.Box 791
      80990 Johor Bahru
      Johor, Malaysia.
      Phone no.: 012-313 9550

    • Yoshiro Nagao
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 1998
        I am also a layman regarding GSLIB.

        Are there any tutorial, guidance, excercise material of GSLIB?

        "Lai Thiam Chin" <alvtc@...> sama said:
        >I'm a first time user of the GSLIB and I have a problem in transferring the
        variogram model from Variowin to the GSLIB software. I was asked to specify a
        parameter file every time I tried to run the program but what actually is a
        parameter file? Do I have to modify the output files obtained from the Variowin
        before I can use it in GSLIB software? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

        Yoshiro Nagao
        8-13 Egamicho, Nishinomiya
        6620855 Japan
        FAX: +81-798-22-0678
      • Pierre Goovaerts
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 1998
          Hello,

          People seem to forget that Gslib programs
          come with a 350 pages book where the parameter
          file of each program is described with great
          details and exercices are also provided.
          You may speculate that in 2015 the book will
          be posted free on the Web, but I won't wait
          until then.

          Cheers,

          Pierre Goovaerts

          | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts