GEOSTATS: Geostats book for free on the web

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25, 1998
      Greetings to all,

      I found a nice surprise on the web for those curious about geostatistics and
      looking
      for a cheap book.
      Isobel Clark wrote "Practical Geostatistics" in 1979 (Elsevier Applied
      Science)
      and has put it now in a digital format available for free on the web. The
      whole
      book has been scanned and each page is in a .bmp format. You can download
      the zip file from http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm

      Happy reading and have a nice week-end !

      Gregoire

      PS: the number of subscribers is continuously increasing (>1100 subscribers)
      but the list
      is really quiet these last days. Please, don't hesitate to post your
      requests/infos !

      gregoire.dubois@...
      <Moderator of the ai-geostats mailing list>

    • Jennifer Dungan
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25, 1998
        On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Gregoire Dubois wrote:

        > I found a nice surprise on the web for those curious about geostatistics and
        > looking for a cheap book.
        > Isobel Clark wrote "Practical Geostatistics" in 1979 (Elsevier Applied
        > Science)
        > and has put it now in a digital format available for free on the web.
        > The whole
        > book has been scanned and each page is in a .bmp format. You can download
        > the zip file from http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm

        This is a terrifc surprise.

        A hint for all you Unix users out there. If you have the 'convert' on
        your system, you can make one postscript file out of all the separate bmp
        files:

        convert -adjoin *.bmp clark.ps

        where clark.ps will be a 24 Mb postscript file. The only issue
        then is reordering some of the pages.

        -Jennifer

        Jennifer Dungan | MS 242-4
        CSU - Monterey Bay | NASA Ames Research Center
        Tel: 650-604-3618 FAX: 650-604-4680 | Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
        email: jdungan@... | USA

      • Carme Hervada-Sala
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 1998
          Gregoire Dubois escribi�:

          > Greetings to all,
          >
          > I found a nice surprise on the web for those curious about geostatistics and
          > looking
          > for a cheap book.
          > Isobel Clark wrote "Practical Geostatistics" in 1979 (Elsevier Applied
          > Science)
          > and has put it now in a digital format available for free on the web. The
          > whole
          > book has been scanned and each page is in a .bmp format. You can download
          > the zip file from http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm
          >
          > Happy reading and have a nice week-end !
          >
          > Gregoire
          >
          > PS: the number of subscribers is continuously increasing (>1100 subscribers)
          > but the list
          > is really quiet these last days. Please, don't hesitate to post your
          > requests/infos !
          >
          > gregoire.dubois@...
          > <Moderator of the ai-geostats mailing list>

          Hi, I tried it but I found this error:

          'The Homepages site you have tried to contact has exhausted its bandwidth
          allocation. This
          means that you will not be able to access it until the site qualifies for more
          bandwidth.'

          Do you know if it is possible to get it somewhere else?
          Thanks

          --
          Carme Hervada i Sala
          Fisica i Enginyeria Nuclear

          tel- 34-93-739 82 68
          fax- 34-93-739 82 25

        • DrPaulREarl
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 1998
            Hi !

            The geostat book promised on http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm
            rings in 404 Not Found.

            Has anyone found a good number ?

            Best, Paul Earl
          • Gregoire Dubois
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 1998
              Greetings again,

              I have put it on AI-GEOSTATS at http://curie.ei.jrc.it/book.zip
              There is no link to it yet, so just type the address.

              Gregoire

              PS: I have changed my email address on the AI-GEOSTATS web pages.
              Please use in the future gregoire.dubois@...

              DrPaulREarl wrote:

              > Hi !
              >
              > The geostat book promised on http://www.stokos.demon.co.uk/practica.htm